Windows Frame Materials
Replacement windows: everything you wanted to know
By installing new home windows you can improve your home’s look and energy effectiveness of the whole house. However, window prices can be rather high. That is why many people prefer replacing of the windows. It helps to save money and does not require changing your exterior style.
This type of window is installed in the existing window frame. It does not matter if the replacement window is of the same construction as an original one, in any case it will function the same way. The replacement of home windows will also allow reducing heating and cooling costs.
Some facts from the history
Among the window replacement companies the Andersen Lumber Company was the first one that provided widows for the residential and commercial usage. I happened in 1915. Originally window replacement was created for military buildings and structures. Before the Second World War this company designed frames for the gliding horizontal windows.
Till this time the majority of windows were equipped by chains, pulleys and weights to open and close them. That time building materials intended for military purposes. That is why the owner of the company had to design new house windows.
The history of house windows designed by this company can be divided into several steps:
- 1952 was a year of invention of the flexivent windows. This type of home windows could swing outwards, inwards or as the casement ones;
- later this company used welded insulting glass for protection the windows from the frost and condensation;
- in 1966 Andersen designed perma-shield cladding system for house replacement windows. This system allowed extending the operation period of windows, protecting them from the rust, peel or corrosion;
- over time the company invented new products which were not only efficient but more attractive as well. In 1974 the first color cladding appeared;
- in 1991 company began to produce windows from recycled wood and vinyl.
Nowadays there are many companies that offer new replacement windows of various colors, sizes and shapes. You can choose the most appropriate variants and prices of the house windows as well.
Advantages of house window replacement
By the installing the new frames you can get a number of benefits:
- window frames no longer deform. They are made from unplasticized poly vinyl carbonate which is resistance to corrosion and fire, does not rot and weights little. Such material of windows for houses will last for years;
- the energy efficiency significantly increases. Such windows keep the heat in the room longer and, consequently, allow reducing the heating costs;
- no need in spending much time on repairs to improve the appearance of your house;
- great variety of colors, sizes and shapes of new windows for home that ideally fits your needs and requires.
If you decided that the windows in your house should be replaced, firstly, compare the prices for replacement windows. A+ Construction Pro Company guarantees high quality, friendly service and affordable prices.
How to replace windows in house: the installation process
There are several techniques of home window replacement:
- the full-time method involves removing of the old window frame and securing of a new replacement window to the studs around the window’s opening;
- insert method of the residential replacement windows is used when the existing frames are in good repair and have no special damage. This technique is much faster;
- in other cases only sashes can be replaced.
You can also choose the material of windows for home. They are made of wood, fiberglass, vinyl, PVC-u and other combined materials.
If you contact A+ Construction Pro, our highly –qualified specialist will carry out all work on installation of windows in Sacramento at a high level. Usually it does not take much than a day.
Choosing the glass for new windows for house
It is important to install the most appropriate glass as well. Climate conditions of your area should be taken into account:
- double- and triple- glazed windows provide more insulation and perfectly retain heat;
- gas-filled variants provide more energy saving due to inert gas;
- high-performance glaze will save more heat and increase the energy effectiveness of the windows for the home.
There are other types of glass as well and you can choose the most desirable one for you.
Styles of replacement windows for house
In addition to the material you should choose the style of you future window. It does not depend on the existing one. You can install the variant you want – casement, awning, sliding or other. A+ Construction Pro will help to change the windows in Sacramento. We offer great variety of color solutions. You can be sure that replacement windows in your home are resistant to different type of damage – rotting, fading of color or warping.
You can choose the unique style for door and window replacement with A+ Construction Pro.
When the residential window replacement is necessary?
There are some situations when the home window replacement is preferably:
- if your electricity bills are higher and higher. New windows will save necessary heat and money because the prices for home windows replacement are not too high;
- if you live in hot and dry climate, the replacement of the house’s windows will protect the rooms from the straight sunrays and UV;
- if you want to change your house’s look and do not have much time and money;
- if you want to increase the security level of your house with the help of special hardware of the new windows for homes.
Actually, the replaced window is suitable for any house or flat. If you are interested in the replacement of the windows in Sacramento, A+ Construction Pro will be the best choice for you. We have established ourselves among other replacement window companies in Sacramento CA and guarantee qualified work and individual attitude to each client.